Alerts and Announcements
Integrated Pest Management Plan - Ants
Small ants occasionally enter Lane’s buildings. Our IPM plan for eliminating indoor ant infestations is to:
- Improve sanitation by regularly removing garbage, vacuuming food crumbs, and wiping food debris off of desks, tables, and counters. Store food in tightly sealed containers. Remove water sources.
- Determine where ants are coming from. Submit work order to have entry-way caulked.
- Remove ants by wiping them up with a paper towel.
- Wipe down the area with soapy water to remove the pheromone trail.
- If, after completing the steps above at least twice and if there are more than 10 ants, the IPM Coordinator may contract with a pest management company to apply a low impact ant bait.
What you can do? Keep your office and work areas clean and free of food crumbs. Vacuum, dust, and take out the garbage in your office regularly. Contact Facilities at ext. 5000 if you notice an ant infestation. Facilities will work with you to complete the steps above. Review Lane’s full IPM plan.