Alerts and Announcements
Center for Learning and Student Success
- A small amount of work remains on this Bond project including minor adjustments to improve the heating, ventilation and air conditioning system.
Building 18 Second Floor Remodel
- The design team is creating construction documents for this Bond project. Construction is slated to begin in mid-July with substantial completion by December 2016. This project has received a seismic rehabilitation grant which will enable the college to bring the building up to current seismic life safety codes.
Central Plant Upgrade
- Construction of the new chiller building is on-going as well as Building 12 piping modifications and electrical improvements.
- Regular maintenance for this month includes pruning and weeding at Buildings 30 & 31, mapping & assessing the condition of sewer covers, turning on and fixing irrigation, and workng on an irrigation project at Florence.
- Dennis Greeley has accepted the full-time Custodian position. If you see Dennis, please welcome him to Lane. The team's safety record is now over 511 days without a time-loss accident!
Facilities Project Updates
- Building 26 playground: Excavation and backfill work are scheduled to start on June 13th. The Grounds crew will follow with irrigation installation, seeding and planting.
- Florence security upgrade: Improvements will include installation of three card-readers and emergency lockdown capability for these three doors. Work is scheduled to be complete in May.
- Center for Meeting and Learning dishwasher: This installation is underway.
- Exterior handrail upgrade: As part of a larger and longer-term project to replace all old and out-of-date handrails, Facilities will be replacing the exterior wooden handrails between Buildings 17, 18, and Center.
- Blue Door Theater Tech Booth: The engineering on this project is complete and the permit has been obtained. Lane’s trades will start work on this new tech booth in June.
- ESL (English as a Second Language) space upgrade: This project will reconfigure and add space for additional student services specialists to better serve students in the ESL and ABSE (Adult Basic & Secondary Education) programs. Lane’s trades will work on this project in August.
- Bike Lane: A project to add a facility to store and maintain 100 bikes is in design. The structure is located to the west of Building 5. This project is funded by the Transportation fee.