The accounting team has the responsibility to aid in maintaining the accuracy and integrity of Lane's financial records. The department provides numerous internal and external financial services and reports.
Who We Are
Phone: (541) 463-5108
Prepare quarterly reports, report payroll taxes, all other reporting tasks, Banner Finance resource (see Banner section below for more information), banking and investments, special projects.
Phone: (541) 463-5626
Process Intercampus Orders (ICO’s), grant work for Small Business Administration, Banner Finance access (see Banner section below for more information), Accounts Payable H-P, special projects.
Phone: (541) 463-5605
Process grants, third party invoicing (outside vendors), and Deposit Transmittals for College or Foundation funds (including the “sharing” of renting College spaces), special projects.
Banner Access and Information
Email approval for access needs to be sent from Department Manager to Greg Holmes. Greg Holmes tasks Tasha Drake to allow access.
FOAP maintenance is done by Alan Feldmayer
- COPPS for Banner Access Requests policy
- COPPS for Banner User policy
- COPPS for Banner System Access policy
This form is used to submit cash and check deposits to LCC or LCC Foundation. In particular, deposits applying the rent split formula or those going to the LCC Foundation MUST use this form. The rental fee revenue is split 50% to the department renting the space/room, 25% to the General Fund for administrative costs, and 25% to Facilities Reinvestment Fund IV.
Please deliver cash and checks, along with this form, in person to College Finance. In-Kind donations must be submitted to the Foundation using the Foundation Gift-In-Kind Form.
Departments are responsible for obtaining the grant and for program reporting activities such as outcomes and deliverables. Finance Grant Accountants are responsible for providing departments with assistance and guidance in the budgeting and spending of the grant monies as well as the financial reporting and invoicing to the funding agencies.
Department Checklist to Complete Prior to Contacting Finance Grant Accounting:
- Is the award document signed by all parties (funding source and LCC)?
- What would you like to name the project?
- What are the begin and end dates of the project?
- Where is the funding coming from: Federal? State? County? Other?
- What is the project number assigned by the funding source?
- What is the name of the funding agency?
- What is the total budget of the project?
- Is there a match component to the project?
- Who will be the departmental grant administrator?
- What are the LCC ORG’s for the project?
After those items are known please contact Finance Grants staff and they will to assist with preparing a budget change form.
Intercampus Orders (ICO’s)
This form allows departments to “purchase” items and services from other areas of the College. For example, ordering and purchasing paper from Printing and Graphics or reserving a meeting room from the Center for Meeting and Learning. The department receiving services sends an ICO form to the department supplying the services; when the order is complete the supplying department submits the ICO to College Finance for posting to Banner.
Requesting departments can do the following prior to submitting their ICO to ensure it processes smoothly and in a timely manner:
- Ensuring there is adequate Budget Authority in the FOAP you enter on the form to cover the cost. This is the number one reason that delays timely posting when College Finance receives a completed ICO.
- Attaching required documentation. A copy of a PCARD statement is not adequate. When you are “reclassing” an expense (that is, correcting the original FOAP charged to a different FOAP) you must include a copy of the Banner screen showing the FOAP where the original charge was made.
- Attaching supporting documents (e.g., Banner screen shots, emails, mock-up of documents to be printed).
- Writing clear descriptions of what is being requested and where it is to be delivered. Supplying departments should ensure the ICO process is concluded and sent to College Finance in a timely manner, preferably in the same month the order is completed. This is particularly important during June as the end of the fiscal year nears. ICO’s revenues and expenses must be posted in the fiscal year that the services were provided.
- Ensuring that the form has appropriate Budget Authority signature(s).
FY18 change in ICO form: For many years the ICO form has been a three-part carbon pack document. This form is being phased out and an on-line ICO form is being implemented. Understanding that some departments have supplies of the carbon pack document, these will still be acceptable until supplies run out. Printing and Graphics will no longer print the carbon pack form after their inventory is depleted (they still have a small supply).
There will be no pre-filled ICO number. You may fill in the ICO # box with a six digit alpha/numeric/ combination that makes sense to you. College Finance will include that “identifier” when they post the ICO to Banner. All other instructions will not change. You can fill out this form, print it from the web page or save it to your computer, print and process as usual.
College Finance’s goal is to process ICO’s within 1-2 business days of receiving in our office. If you have questions or do not see your ICO posted to Banner within one work week please contact Tasha Drake.
Third Party Billings
This form is used by departments needing to bill outside parties such as vendors. Once completed send to College Finance who will send out a billing for the materials and/or services rendered.