Invoices approved for payment are input online by the Accounts Payable area in College Finance for transactions recording and computer check preparation every Wednesday. Cutoff for input is noon Monday, two days before the check run day.
Checks will be made payable to the supplier of goods or services and will not be made payable to any college representative.
The following invoice processing procedures are used by College Finance.
- Vendor invoices under $500.00 are processed without verification of merchandise delivery. Invoices are sent to the department for approval.
- Other vendor invoices over the specified amount are processed for payment after the department verifies that the materials or services have been received. This is done by writing "received" on the packing slip along with the receiver's initials and date.
- "Standing" purchase order invoices are issued in limited cases to a vendor for a specified period of time (e.g. a month, year, etc.). At the time the materials are picked up or delivered by the vendor, an invoice is generally given to the individual receiving the material. This invoice should then be marked "received" and signed and dated, then forwarded promptly to the Accounts Payable area in College Finance.
- "Prepaid invoices" and C.O.D.'s (cash on delivery) are subject to the same dollar limitations as #1 above.
To submit payment of invoices,
- An employee will go to the College Finance Check Request form (form is in Softdocs)
- They fill out the form, attach documentation and submit to a manager from a list
- The employee receives an email saying it was received.
- An email notification is sent to the manager
- The manager approves or denies it in Softdocs. You can also add comments by clicking on the History icon
- An email is sent to Accounting Manager
- Accounting Manager approves or denies it in Softdocs. You can also add comments by clicking on the History icon
- An email is sent to Accounts Payable
- Accounts Payable approves or denies it in Softdocs. You can also add comments by clicking on the History icon
- The workflow ends and the employee is notified by email to their Lane email.
- You can either download or store the PDF outside of Softdocs/Etrieve or leave it there(you can search by person, or PO number. Only those in your group (and the employee) can see it.