Inclusive Teaching at Lane
How can faculty members welcome, engage, and support all our students? This year, FPD is sponsoring a series of brown bags, panel discussions, and workshops so that we as faculty may engage with definitions of inclusive teaching; learn about, consider, and implement new strategies for creating inclusive classrooms; and share ideas with our colleagues.
There are no events currently scheduled.
Resources for Inclusive Teaching
- Faculty Professional Development Resources Moodle Site (Enroll here for access to recordings of sessions/workshops. You will want to click the "Enroll Me" button. The site will enroll you as a "student," but that won't impact your ability to access resources.)
- Lane Community College Library's Resources for Cultural Competency
- Inclusive Teaching Strategies (University of Washington)
- Increasing Inclusivity in the Classroom (Vanderbilt)
- Inclusive Teaching Strategies (University of Michigan)
- "Want to Reach All of Your Students? Here's How to Make Your Teaching More Inclusive" (Chronicle of Higher Ed)
- "From Safe Spaces to Brave Spaces"
- Center for Accessible Resources at Lane
- Supporting Students Facing Mental Health Challenges (including stress, anxiety, and depression)
- Supporting Trans and Non-binary Students