The Faculty Professional Development program at Lane provides means for faculty to: a) accommodate changes in disciplines, technology, pedagogy, and expectations of students, faculty and the community; b) contribute to their profession; c) collaborate with other faculty and the community; and d) increase their capacity to professionally grow and teach. Our program is unique in that it is led by faculty, for faculty.
The Faculty Professional Development program supports:
- An Inclusive Teaching Event Series
- Faculty inquiry groups
- Paid sabbaticals
- Faculty Connections, an orientation and mentoring program for new faculty members
- Conference and workshop attendance
- Tuition support for external courses
- Memberships in academic organizations
- Journal subscriptions and
- Classroom observations.
For an updated list of upcoming events:
Please see the Center for Teaching and Learning Calendar, which lists campus-wide events focused on teaching and learning.