The Faculty Professional Development program at Lane provides means for faculty to: a) accommodate changes in disciplines, technology, pedagogy, and expectations of students, faculty and the community; b) contribute to their profession; c) collaborate with other faculty and the community; and d) increase their capacity to professionally grow and teach. Our program is unique in that it is led by faculty, for faculty.
The Faculty Professional Development program supports:
- An Inclusive Teaching Event Series
- Faculty inquiry groups
- Paid sabbaticals
- Faculty Connections, an orientation and mentoring program for new faculty members
- Conference and workshop attendance
- Tuition support for external courses
- Memberships in academic organizations
- Journal subscriptions and
- Classroom observations.
For an updated list of upcoming events:
Please see the Center for Teaching and Learning Calendar, which lists campus-wide events focused on teaching and learning.
Faculty Professional Development is one of a number of campus programs affiliated with the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) at Lane.
For more information about the CTL and its affiliated programs as well as links to recordings from the 2021 CTL Symposium, see the CTL's webpage.