The Faculty Professional Development program at Lane offers all faculty members the opportunity to explore their professional interests; reflect upon and experiment with new pedagogical skills, strategies, and approaches; and strengthen connections with colleagues at and beyond Lane. Our program is unique in that it is led by faculty, for faculty.
The Faculty Professional Development program supports:
- An Inclusive Teaching Event Series
- Faculty inquiry groups
- Paid sabbaticals
- Faculty Connections, an orientation and mentoring program for new faculty members
- Conference and workshop attendance
- Tuition support for external courses
- Memberships in academic organizations
- Journal subscriptions and
- Classroom observations.
Help with moving your class online (and other related resources)
- Academic Technology Center's Teaching Continuity Plan (Lane Community College)
- ATC's Workshops and Training Schedule (Lane Community College)
- Instructional Design Services Blog (Lane Community College)
- "Get Ready Now" Instructor Tips (Lane Community College)
- Online? . . . Just in Time! (Global Society of Online Literacy Educators)
- "So You Want to Temporarily Teach Online" (Inside Higher Ed)
- Inclusive Approaches to Support Student Assignments During Times of Disruption (Brown)
- "Please Do a Bad Job of Putting Your Classes Online" (Rebecca Barrett-Fox, Arkansas State)
- Remote Instruction Resources (compiled by Lane's ESL Department)
- Zoom: Teach Online Class Sessions (University of Minnesota)
- Lane Accessibility Quick Guide (Lane Community College)
- New York Times Coronavirus Resources: Teaching, Learning, and Thinking Critically
- "Beyond the Pantry: Supporting #RealCollege Students During COVID-19" (The Hope Center for Community, College, and Justice)
- "Crowd-Sourcing: Teaching Online with Care"
- COVID-19 Planning Questionnaire Template (to send to students)
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty (AFSP)
For an updated list of current events:
Please see the FPD Events page!
Did you miss an FPD-sponsored session?
Enroll in the Faculty Professional Development Resources Moodle site to access recordings, handouts, etc. You will want to click the "Enroll Me" button. The site will enroll you as a "student," but that won't impact your ability access resources.
Want to share an accomplishment?
FPD has partnered with LCCEA to highlight Faculty Accomplishments. To share a faculty accomplishment (yours or a colleague's) that you think is worth celebrating, please fill out the Faculty Accomplishments form.
Current Newsletter (Fall 2019)
Past FPD Newsletters:
- Spring 2019 Newsletter
- Spring 2019 Newsletter (Accessible)
- Fall 2018 Newsletter
- Winter 2016 Newsletter
- Winter 2014 Newsletter
- Fall 2013 Newsletter
- Spring 2013 Newsletter
- Winter 2013 Newsletter
- Winter 2012 Newsletter
- Winter 2011 Newsletter
- Winter 2010 Newsletter
- Winter 2009 Newsletter
- Winter 2008 Newsletter
- Winter 2007 Newsletter
If you have any questions regarding FPD programs or opportunities or this site:
Please email LCCEA Coordinator for Faculty Professional Development, Aryn Bartley, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Leah Smith, Administrative Specialist, at email@example.com.