Lane Community College's Honors Program offers students a transformative learning experience based in scholarly inquiry, academic rigor and intellectual growth.
Through challenging coursework, independent study, special seminars, experiential learning, and a capstone project, Lane honors students develop critical thinking skills, creativity, intellectual curiosity and optimal preparation for further academic pursuits.
In Lane's Honors Program, students will:
- Join a community of students who are highly engaged in their own learning
- Participate in robust classroom discussion and debate that hone critical thinking skills
- Immerse themselves in educational environments that foster individual pursuit of knowledge
- Gain and develop tools for life-long inquiry and learning
- Become involved in community and world issues through events and activities
- Thrive with the personal attention of faculty guides
After completing the Lane Honors Program, students transferring to four-year institutions will be well-prepared for upper division coursework and university honors programs. Non-transfer students can enroll in and benefit from the Honors Program as well.
This multifaceted, interdisciplinary program provides all participating students with research, reasoning and writing skills that will enhance their experience as engaged global citizens and encourage a lifelong love of learning.