Patient Rights and Responsibilities as a patient at the LCC Health Clinic
You have the right...
- To be treated with dignity, respect and receive courteous care.
- To privacy and confidentiality of treatment and medical records.
- To a clear and understandable explanation of your health problem and associated treatment.
- To full information about the effectiveness of treatment, possible risks, side effects or alternative methods of treatment.
- To know who is treating you and a choice of health care provider.
- To be informed about the role of medical office student assistants and the right to refuse care from students.
- To ask for a second medical opinion before making any decision or to refuse treatment or therapy. Such persons will be made aware of the consequences of their decisions and it will be documented in their medical records.
- To review or request photocopies of your medical records although the original record remains the property of the Health Clinic.
- To approve or refuse the release of information except when the release is required by law.
- To assert complaints and grievances about providers and the healthcare provided.
You have certain responsibilities...
- To treat all personnel with courtesy and respect.
- To become knowledgeable of the system to access medical care.
- To complete the health status information for accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment.
- To present accurate identifying information.
- To present details of your illness or complaint in a direct and straightforward manner.
- To be on time for all scheduled appointments.
- To call or cancel an appointment as soon as possible so that other patients might utilize that time. To pay for services or medications at the time of your visit or if you are unable to pay to make arrangements with the front desk.
- To comply with the treatment plan developed with your health care provider.
- To ask for clarification whenever you do not understand information or instructions.
- To bring any compliment or dissatisfaction to the attention of your health care provider or to the Health Clinic Manager.
Medical Record Confidentiality
Prescription Refill Requests
Prescription Refill Requests will be refilled within 2 days of receipt of the request. For example, a request received on Monday will be completed before the close of business on Wednesday. A request on Friday will be completed before the close of business on Tuesday. Refill requests will be completed without you having to schedule an appointment except at the discretion of the provider. If you need to request a refill of a:
- Prescription obtained from a pharmacy, please call the pharmacy to request the refill. The pharmacy will forward the request to us by fax.
- Medication you purchased at the LCC Health Clinic, please call the clinic at 463-5665 with the following information: Your name, medication name, amount of the medication you are taking and the name of the Provider who dispensed it to you.
- Medication you received through Patient Assistance, please follow the instructions given to you at the time of your application. If you have misplaced that information or have questions regarding patient assistance medications, please call the clinic at 463-5665 with the following information: Your name, state that it is a patient assistance medication, name of the medication, name of the manufacturer of the medication, the amount of the medication you are taking and the name of the provider who prescribed it to you.
We accept checks, cash, or offer the convenience of placing the charge on your Lane account where you can pay using a credit card.
It is very important to us to provide high quality care in a timely and efficient manner to all eligible LCC students and staff. It is difficult for us to meet this goal when patients repeatedly fail to keep scheduled appointments without notifying us. We understand that occasionally, unforeseen circumstances occur that make it difficult to keep an appointment. In those instances we would very much appreciate, whenever possible, 24 hours notice of your need to cancel or reschedule an appointment. Failure to notify us in advance means that your appointment time cannot be used for another patient. As a result someone who needs care may not be seen. Please be courteous to other patients and cancel your appointment rather than simply missing it. We also reserve the right to reschedule your appointment if you are 5 minutes late.
No-Show Fee Policy
Failure to cancel at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment time will result in a $10 no-show fee (depending on the amount of time that was scheduled for you). If you miss three scheduled appointments, without prior notification, in any consecutive six month period, you will be charged $25 per occurrence.
We look forward to meeting your healthcare needs. If you have questions about this policy or other questions/concerns regarding the LCC Health Clinic, please contact the Health Clinic Manager, LCC Health Clinic, (541) 463-5665.