Save Money! Simple Tips on Reducing and Reusing
Save your department $
- Make double-sided copies
- Use email, internet, and voice mail instead of letters and memos
- Use 1/2 or 1/4 sheets of paper for short documents
- Keep letters to one page by using the ìmake it fitî functions available on your word processing software
- Avoid using a cover page
- Instead of throwing out single-sided paper, use the back-side to print out drafts or to take notes
- Save envelopes for internal routing
-Don't stock paper cups. Bring your own reusable mug.
-Use the Reusable Office Supply Exchange.
- Call Recycling, 541-463-5569
Save the college $
-Decrease garbage hauling costs
- Stop junk mail
- Use a reusable mug instead of a paper cup
- Turn off lights when room is empty
- Turn off your monitor when you are leaving your desk (even for a few minutes) or use the engegy saving features of your computer
- Turn off your printer when not in use
Shut down your computer when you will be away from your office for an hour or so.