Competitive Job Development
In addition to the small group employment settings that Specialized Support Services operates, we also offer Job Development Services.
Student-Workers who have the skills necessary to succeed in the competitive employment market, are assisted in finding and maintaining employment.
We specialize in matching individual skills, interests and support needs with potential jobs in the community.
We can provide partnerships that work for:
- Individual training and employment plans
- Ability to work independently & be part of a diversified workforce in the community
- Ability to succeed on-the-job with training support as needed
- Gainful employment
- Enhance Independent living
- Stable workforce; Low turnover
- No placement fees
- Potential for payroll or tax incentives
- Experienced trainers available for on-the-job training and support
- Ongoing support as needed, for as long as it is needed
We also can assist businesses with special time-limited projects. We have the manpower and facilities to do this work either at our location or at the employers place of business. We are always looking for opportunities to assist employers in the following areas:
- Janitorial / Custodial
- Bulk mailing
- Stuffing envelopes
- Shredding confidential materials
Local Employers who have hired a Student-Worker include:
- The Downtown Athletic Club
- Taco Time
- Hillsboro Lumber
- Oakway Wine and Deli
- Valley River Center Shopping Mall
- and more....
- Student Worker employed at Albertsons as a Courtesy Clerk.
- Student Worker employed at Full Access Brokerage as a Custodian.