What to do with your new I-20
- Review your I-20 to make sure all information is correct. Your name and date of birth should match your passport. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if corrections are necessary.
- Print, sign and date your new I-20 under item #11.
If you are a new student entering the U.S. on an "initial" I-20
- Carry important documents with you, including a valid passport, valid F-1 visa, I-20, Lane notice of admission and evidence of financial resources.
- If you do not have a valid F-1 visa to enter the U.S., please schedule a visa appointment at a U.S. Consulate or Embassy. See information on Visa Application and Renewal.
- You can enter the U.S. up to 30 days before the program start date noted on your I-20 (see item #5). If you are not able to arrive by your program start date, contact us immediately so we can send you a new I-20 with a new program start date (this often will be for the following term).
If you are transferring from another U.S. school
- If you received a "Transfer Pending" I-20 (see item #3), you can re-enter the U.S. at any time before your program start date noted on your I-20.
- If you are not traveling out of the U.S. before transferring to Lane, your new I-20 will not be issued until after you have registered and reported for classes at Lane.
- You must enroll in the next available term, or within 5 months of your last day of attendance at your previous school, whichever is sooner.
- The advisors in International Programs are preparing for your arrival and are eager to help you. If you have any questions regarding your immigration documents or other arrival matters please contact us.