College Now Instructors
Easy Online Admission and Registration Procedures
Before you begin registering students:
- Have your class CRN (Course Registration Number)
- A personal unique email account is required for each student.
- Students can create a free email address by selecting a provider (Google, Hotmail, Yahoo) and fill out an online application form.
- Have students bring their "L" numbers or, if possible, have them set up "L" numbers prior to registering your entire class. Instructions for first-time users is below. (Hint: it isn't as daunting as it looks!)
- Know who your high school "look up person" is and/or have a list of "L" numbers for your students.
- Request "blue cards" from your look-up person for students to record their "L" numbers.
If you encounter problems in the registration process:
- Different error messages may appear in the process for some students for a wide variety of reasons. Don't let you or your students become discouraged.
- Pam or Marilyn are happy to get your calls or emails and answer questions. What you need to provide is student name, DOB, L# (if you have it), and it is always helpful if you can provide the error message (if there is one and where in the process the student found it).
- LCC College Now phone # is (541) 463-5521.
- Pam's email is email@example.com. Marilyn's e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org
Students with "L" numbers - Registration Process
- Access the Lane Community College website at www.lanecc.edu
- In the bottom right-hand corner of the home page--Click on myLane icon
- Enter your "L" number (user ID) and your 12-16 character PIN/Password. Log-in.
- Click on myEnrollment.
- In the Registration Tools box--Click on Add/Drop Classes
- Select the proper term (i.e. Fall 2013) Click on submit
- Enter the CRN (Course Registration Number) and Click on Submit Changes
- Check to make sure you registered into the correct class.
Applying for Admissions to Lane Commubnity College as First Time Students (without "L" number)
Admission to LANE CC: Applying for your L# (User ID)
- Go to www.lanecc.edu
- In the yellow bar, center of the page, Click on "Admissions".
- Under "Applying for Admission" click on College Now.
- Scroll to the bottom and below "LogIn" click on First Time User Account Creation.
- Leave blank the section "Create a Login ID.
- Create a 12-16 character PIN/Password, using both numbers and letters. Write it down! As you will need this
PIN/Password when you log-in to myLane to register for your class(es).
- Click Log-In.
- You will receive a Generated ID number. Write it down! Click Continue.
- Choose College Now High School Class from the Application Type scroll down menu at the bottom of the page.
- Select your term from the pull down menu.
- Type in your first and last names. Click Fill out Application. It will take you to a screen with 4 items.
Click on Name to begin.
- As you finish each page, click on Continue until you have provided all required items. Once you finish the Application Checklist you will see a screen with 4 checkmarks. (If any of the sections does NOT have a checkmark, click on that section and complete it.) Click Application is Complete.
- Your L# will appear in bold type in the middle of the page. WRITE IT DOWN on one of the blue cards provided, and continue on to direction #13. If you do NOT see your L#, tell your instructor. (S)He will need the generated ID number you received in instruction #8.
- Click on Access Web for Student. You will be asked to change your PIN/Password number. Follow instructions for creating a new 12-16 character PIN/Password. Click on Login.
- You will be asked to provide two Verification Security Questions. Select questions with an answer that you will NOT FORGET. Continue to verify your address and/or email if asked.
- Click on Enrollment and Student Financial Services.
- Click on Registration and Books.
- Click on Add/Drop Classes.
- Select correct Term from drop down menu (i.e. Fall 2013).
- Enter the correct CRN# (Course Registration Number).
- Click on Submit Changes. Be sure that you see that you are registered for the correct class. If you see another class listed Raise Your Hand.
- Log off and close your browser.