Keys to Success Workshop
Lane's Counseling Department provides a free workshop to students who are not meeting academic standards. The Keys to Success workshop provides useful information on the college's Academic Progress Standards (APS), and tips and strategies on how to achieve these standards.
Keys to Success examines the many reasons that students end a term without achieving APS, including:
- Conflicting work or family responsibilities
- Difficulty organizing and managing time
- Academically under prepared for courses
- Unclear goals, low motivation or poor study habits
Keys to Success also discusses the many resources Lane offers to help students overcome these obstacles, such as:
- Counseling and career exploration
- Advising and academic planning
- Free tutoring
- Assistance with employment
- Free medical and legal help
- Courses for personal development
Students will leave the Keys to Success workshop with a personalized plan for success that will help them achieve their goals and satisfy academic standards.