Student Life and Leadership Development
Responsible Executive Authority:
Executive Dean, Student Affairs
This procedure describes the requirements for establishing an official club or organization. Students are encouraged to organize new clubs and special groups compatible with the spirit of the college community.
- Each organization shall register through Orgsync (login, Browse Organizations, Register New Organization) and shall provide Student Life and Leadership Development with the following information:
- Name of the organization;
- Purpose of the organization;
- Officer's names and phone numbers;
- Advisor name and phone extension;
- Time, place, and days of regularly scheduled meetings; and
- Proposed organizational guidelines (constitution).
- Each student club and organization must have a staff advisor. It is the responsibility of the students to find a staff member willing to act in this capacity.
- It is the function of the advisor to provide assistance and direction to the student organization.
- It is the responsibility of the advisor to ensure that the organization:
- Is informed of college policy as related to its activity; and
- Submits financial statements as outlined below.
Scheduling Activities or Events
- All activities and events which require the scheduling of campus facilities must comply with the Facilities: Scheduling guidelines prior to facility assignment.
- All activities and events which require the scheduling of campus facilities shall be initiated through Student Life and Leadership Development.
- All events must be scheduled through Orgsync by clicking on the Events tab, then the Create an Event button. The Event Planning Checklist should be used to ensure all requirements are satisfied in advance. The checklist can be found on Orgsync under the Forms tab. Event requests will be sent to the Student Leadership Program Director.
Fund-Raising Projects and Activities
- Requests for conducting fund-raising projects must be submitted to ASLCC and the Student Leadership Program Director.
- Fund-raising projects must satisfy the following criteria:
- It must be sponsored by a recognized student organization;
- Income must be deposited to the organization's funding account for the purpose of furthering its programs;
- Funds raised to benefit individuals or organizations shall be deposited into a special college account through the Student Leadership Program Director to facilitate distribution; and
- No individual(s) shall realize a personal financial gain from the project.
- A complete financial statement shall be submitted to the Student Leadership Program Director at the completion of such fee-charged or fund-raising event showing:
- Gross income;
- Itemized expenses; and
- Net profit (or loss).
- All funds shall be deposited in an account in College Finance.
- Funds will remain in the organization's account as long as it continues to function as an active and recognized organization. If an organization should cease to operate for a period of two years, any unencumbered funds will revert to the student government of Lane Community College upon approval of the ASLCC president and the Student Leadership Program Director.
- All requisitions shall bear the signature(s) of the designated club officer(s) and the signature of its advisor.
- Student organizations may schedule off-campus activities. However, the Student Leadership Program Director must be informed, in writing and in advance, as to the time, place, date, and purpose of the event.
- The clubs/organization advisor must be informed of the off-campus activity, approve of the off-campus activity and be present if possible.
Student Organization Speakers
- Clubs and organizations may have off-campus speakers. No attempt is made to regulate the selection of speakers. Organizations are encouraged to invite the student body to hear speakers.
- Requests for permission to sponsor the activity (including speakers) must be arranged through the Student Leadership Program Director. Such requests should be in writing and include the following:
- Purpose of the activity;
- Facility needed;
- Advisor; and
- Security (if applicable).
Saturday, May 1, 1999
Date Last Reviewed:
Tuesday, December 1, 2015