This procedure provides direction to the campus community with regards to mailing services and procedures.
Mail Services receives, processes and delivers college mail daily, both main campus and off-campus centers. Mail Services is located at the lower level of the Campus Services Building 7, Room 110A.
All outgoing mail is picked up daily in each department by the mail courier. United States Postal Services (USPS) outgoing mail must be delivered to Mail Services by 3:30 p.m. for delivery to the Southside postal facility by 4:30 p.m. The mail room makes runs for the purposes of mail and print supply delivery to off-site centers on an established schedule with frequency being determined by current business needs.
The following procedures will be used to prepare outgoing USPS mail:
- Mail will be sent first class unless specified otherwise.
- Envelope Addressing Requirements
- Typed addressed envelopes receive a lower postage rate.
- Mailing address should be typed in all caps with no punctuation, and use the postal abbreviation for the state.
- All outgoing mail must have the department's mailing number in the upper left-hand corner of each envelope.
- When using window envelopes, be sure that the address is properly aligned in the window and can be seen clearly. There should be no other words, symbols, or lettering except the intended delivery address visible in the window.
- Envelopes should have the flaps folded down and not overlapping each other.
- Envelopes must be sealed if they contain six or more sheets of 20# bond paper, or the equivalent thickness.
- Envelopes with oversized flaps such as greeting card and invitation envelopes must be sealed.
- Catalog size envelopes must be sealed.
- Tri-folded mail should be tabbed to ensure no damage is done when processing through mailing equipment.
- International airmail should be kept separate from other outgoing mail.
- Insured, registered, certified, and express mail requires USPS forms to accompany the item. The department must prepare these forms. Blank forms are available in Mail Services.
- Intercampus envelopes should have both the individual's name and the department name to ensure proper routing.
- When sending packages, please specify class of mail, contents and value, and any special delivery instructions.
UPS and Fed-Ex Procedures
All items being sent via UPS must be in the warehouse by 8:30 a.m. each morning in order to be shipped that day. Please include your department's budget number used for such procedures. Items must be dropped off by 4 p.m. to be shipped the following morning.
Items being shipped Fed-X should be in the Warehouse no later than 2 p.m. for pick-up that day. Fed-X airbills should be completed by the department requesting this type of service and must include the department's budget number. Airbills are available in the warehouse.
Incoming USPS mail may opened by Mail Services Staff for the following reasons:
- Improperly addressed mail is returned by USPS showing Lane Community College as the only return address and no visible department mailing number.
- Mail is sent to Lane Community College without a department or individual name specified in the address. Delivery can only be made by opening the mail piece and trying to identify to whom it was sent.