The purpose of this policy is to:
- allow IT personnel the authority to create, delete or modify Banner INB accounts based on input from Human Resources or from the Data Custodians;
- allow Data Custodians the authority to grant and revoke access to their Banner modules based upon the employee's job requirements;
- control the access of the Banner INB system to those employees who are trained in their module(s) by the Data Custodians, their peers, or their supervisors through the Skills Support and Training (SST) program; and
- maintain the college's ability to keep all data in the Banner ERP safe from unauthorized or untrained access.
College Information Technology policy is to create and maintain Internet Native Banner (Banner INB) accounts for those employees requiring access to the Banner Enterprise Resource Planning (Banner ERP) system.
This policy applies to all Lane Community College employees requiring access to an INB account.
- An INB Account is not the same as a Banner ID ("L") number. The Banner ID is used to log into Banner Self Service, and is a unique identifier for the employee in Banner.
- An INB Account is required in order to access the Banner ERP system. Employees, as authorized users, are provided access.
- There are multiple "modules" in the Banner ERP system. These are Finance, HR, Student, Accounts Receivable, General, and Financial Aid.
- Data Custodians are individuals responsible for the data of their particular module. It is they who grant access to Banner INB for their module. Please see the Information Technology: Banner Access Requests Procedure for additional Information.
- The Skill Support and Training program is a peer to peer supported program to provide training, certification and documentation of the college's systems.