This procedure designates divisions, and academic deans, as responsible for the maintenance of course outlines, and identifies the process and deadlines for such maintenance.
All departments will maintain complete and current files of course outlines. The division chairs will audit the files annually.
Course outlines for every state-approved course offered by the division will be maintained in a ring binder in the division office. The binder will be available for audit purposes. The division will also provide Curriculum and Scheduling with a copy of any updates.
- New courses approved through the curriculum process will be added as approved; and
- Annually, before September 1, the division chair will review the department's course outlines.
- Course outlines requiring no change will be dated and initialed by the division chair.
- Course outlines for courses that have a substantive change in course content or objectives shall be processed according to Guidelines For Curriculum Development (see Curriculum Committee).
- Course outlines for courses that have revisions or deletions that do not constitute a substantive change in content or objectives will be corrected, dated and initialed by the division chair.