Responsible Executive Authority
The purpose of this procedure is to describe how to reserve a computer laptop, LCD projector/screen or a classroom instructor PA system, and to delineate the department's responsibility for care, use, repair and replacement of any audiovisual equipment borrowed from Information Technology. Facilities and equipment will not be subjected to improper wear and tear or insufficient maintenance. The Information Technology department is the permanent custodian of all audiovisual equipment that is available for short- or long-term checkout by departments.
Departments assume full responsibility for the:
- Care, use and security of audiovisual equipment for the time period stipulated when the request was made;
- Repair of any equipment that is damaged through misuse (as opposed to normal wear and tear); and
- Replacement of any equipment that is stolen or lost while in the user's custody.
- The department manager is responsible for the care and supervision of audiovisual equipment checked out to the department on a long-term basis.
- The department manager must sign all long-term checkout agreements.
- Financial liability for loss or damage of audiovisual equipment will be the responsibility of the user.
- When damage or loss of equipment has occurred and an agreement for assessment of financial responsibility cannot be reached between Information technology and the user, disposition of the financial responsibility will be determined by the appropriate vice president.