Transitioning From IESL to College Major Programs
At Lane, we encourage our IESL students to continue on into the college major program and want to support them in the best way possible.
Steps to transitioning from IESL to college major
1. Enroll in the level F classes
2. Attend a mandatory transition orientation session
3. Sign up for a MATH placement test
- To sign up for a placement test, follow these steps:
- Go to the MATH placement test website
- Login using your L Number and birthday
- Click "Make Appointment"
- Select "Placement Test/Retest-Math"
- Click "Find Appointments"
- Select the appointment date and time
- Choose the "Placement Test/Retest-Math" again
- Click "Continue"
- Review appointment information (testing location: 1/116)
- It is strongly recommended that you study for the MATH placement test by completing the math review sheets provided by Lane. Bring a calculcator with you to your testing appointment.
4. Meet with an academic advisor and choose classes to register
5. Register for classes in myLane
- Please review the step-by-step registration instructions if you need assistance.
Important items to know
- College major students must maintain a full course of study
- 12 credits per term (only 1 online class may count toward a full-time enrollment)
- Classes must be graded or pass/no pass (Audits are not allowed)
- College major students need to make progress toward completing studies
- Pass at least 12 credits per term
- Maintain 2.0 GPA or higher
- You should continue to take writing each term until you complete Writing 121 to help you gain the skills needed to be successful!
- Meet regularly with your academic advisor to be sure you are taking the right classes! Building a 2 year plan is an important first step.
6. Successfully complete all three classes of Level F of the IESL Program with passing grades (A, B, and C)
Final grades of F Level classes along with teacher evaluations determine which credit level writing class students will progress into: WR 93/EL 113 or WR 115
- Drop a class with a refund – By Sunday of Week 1
- Pay a bill – By the 15th of the first month of the term
- Make a grade change (from a letter grade to pass/no pass) – By Friday of Week 8
- Audits are not allowed!
- Writing Sequence (WR 93/EL 113 => WR 115 => WR 121)
- Math Sequence
- Depends on your major and your placement test results. Please see your advisor!