Lane International Programs welcomes students from all over the world and supports them in achieving their dreams of an American education. We accept international students who are at least 17 years of age into our program. Once you are a student at Lane, International Programs will work with you to help you maintain your F-1 status. Please see our Immigration Policies section for more details.
All new students at Lane must attend a required Orientation.
In addition to completing the Online Application, the following admissions requirements must be met:
- Academic records – Completion of the equivalent of secondary or high school with a "C" average or better.
- Financial Verification of available funds for education.
For applicants who wish to enter the college major program:
At Lane we do not require a TOEFL score for admission. All students will be tested for English proficiency upon arrival and your class placement will be based on the results. Students will be placed in English Language courses or college level credit classes based on the outcome of the placement test.
For Transfer Students within the USA:
- If you have under a 2.0 GPA or have been academically disqualified from your current instituion, you will need to enter Lane on the Success Program.
- The Success Program is not available in summer term. Students who are not eligible to return to their current institution or who are on probation will not be eligible for summer term start.
- If you are currently in the United States on an F-1 visa and your I-20 has been terminated, you cannot transfer your I-20 to Lane. You must leave the US and re-enter on a new initial I-20 from Lane.