Lane Community College Foundation offers many scholarship opportunities for students.
In the past year, we awarded more than $700,000 in scholarships!
Note: Contact Continuing Education for information about CNA scholarships.
1. Read the Scholarship Guide - Before starting your application. The guide will help you successfully complete your application.
2. Before you apply
- Have an email address
- Have a Lane ID # (also called L#)
- Get unofficial copies of your transcripts and save them as PDF files. Failure to provide transcripts will disqualify your application. Uploading transcripts in file formats other than PDF will also disqualify your application.
- Know your major & degree plans.
- Apply now for nursing, other health care professions, culinary and hospitality scholarships if you plan to be in the program in the fall. We will veriify acceptance into the program when we are awarding scholarships.
- Apply for FAFSA (required for many, but not all scholarships)
3. Apply online - We are now accepting applications for the 2014/2015 academic year The application deadline is March 5, 2014, at 8:59 p.m.
Helpful application tips:
- Create a User Name and Password for STARS online application.
- Write it down! You cannot access your application without it!
- Questions or problems logging in? Send an email that includes Full Name and Application Question in the subject line to LCCScholarships@Lanecc.edu. Someone will try to get back to you as soon as possible. If you wait until the scholarship deadline, it is very unlikely you will get a response in time to complete your application.
Helpful resources on the Lane Community College Website:
- Career and Employment Services:
This site lists many excellent resources related to scholarships. Included are useful tips for completing scholarship applications and information on free workshops.
- Financial Aid:
This site has details about the FAFSA process and has an excellent list of topics related to student financial assistance.
Scholarships Available - Academic Year 2014/2015.
Other Helpful Information
- The Truth About Scholarships: How Do Scholarships Affect Financial Aid?
- Foundation Scholarship Exception Request
Foundation Scholarships are disbursed beginning the second Thursday of each term and, in most cases, disbursement occurs every Thursday thereafter, as awards become ready for payment. You should complete this form if you have been awarded a scholarship through Lane's Foundation and your award has not been disbursed by this time.
- I applied for a scholarship. What happens next?
The Foundation has a separate database and updating your contact information through the College on Expresslane or myLane does not update our records.
If your email address, home address, or phone number changes, please notify us by sending an email to: LCCScholarships@lanecc.edu