How do I declare or change my major

How do I declare or change my major/program of study?

At Lane, students declare their own majors, with help from an academic advisor, during the admissions process. If you have not yet declared a major, contact Enrollment Services.

How can I change my major?

It is a very good idea to speak with your academic advisor before making a program or major change. The Counseling Department is available on a walk-in basis throughout the term to help you make academic decisions.

If you receive financial aid to go to school, it is also important to check with an Enrollment and Student Financial Services Advisor before making changes to your program or major just to make sure the change will not affect your financial aid eligibility.

To make the change in myLane:

  • Log into your myLane account
  • Go to the "myEnrollment" tab
  • Locate the box labeled "Student Status" and click on "View/Change Your Current Major"

It takes 1-5 business days for the change to be completed and up to 1-2 weeks for any related financial aid requirements, if you have any, to be updated.