Lane Child and Family Center
Enrollment is open to community, staff and student families. Families can enroll anytime. Come visit our program in action. The center is open Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 pm and serves children 30 months through 5 years old.
The Lane Child and Family Center is a state licensed preschool/child care program serving families' on Lane's main campus. The program is the only Lane County Child Care Center accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children. The Center is a teacher preparation school and parent cooperative.
We provide opportunities for children to explore, discover and experiment with a wide variety of materials in a safe and emotionally responsive environment. Teachers respect each child's unique needs and allow development at his or her own pace. We encourage positive parent-child interaction, parent involvement and consistent care between school and home.
The program provides financial assistance to help reduce the child care fees for those who are eligible.
The center offers full- or part- time care that includes:
- Five large classrooms with engaging learning materials
- Outdoor areas that have been transformed into Natural Playscapes
- Breakfast, lunch and snack provided
- Parent observation rooms to view classroom activities
- Professionally trained teachers
- All staff have CPR/1st Aide Training
- Teacher assistance from parents and Early Childhood Education students
- Low caregiver-to-child ratio to allow for individual attention for each child
- Subsidies/scholarships options to reduce child care expenses
For additional information about the center, call (541) 463-5517 or