Instructions for accessing student files via an internet connection:
- Using your web browser, log into NetStorage
- Once connected, you should get a pop-up window that asks about a security certificate. Accept the certificate, it's used to encrypt the data that's transmitted between you and virtual office so that no one can see it. You should only see this the first time you connect.
- The username and password will be the same as you use to log into the computers on campus: your L-number and PIN.
- When the NetStorage screen appears, you can select your folder by clicking your L-number in the left-hand frame. Your files will appear in the right hand frame.
- In order to work with your files, you will have to download each file by clicking on it to select it, then clicking file and download for editing or download for viewing (download for viewing is a more straightforward download method, but either will work.
- Once you've finished working with your file, you need to save it locally, for example in "my documents", then upload it to your NetStorage folder, by clicking file and upload. Browse to the file, and select it, then click upload.
This connection may not be available 100% of the time, since we aren't able to control all aspects of a connection between your computer and our file servers, but if you are unable to connect from home, it does not mean that your files are gone.
Note: Student files are deleted during the break between terms and students should copy or backup files with removable media.