This procedure documents the process for requesting and managing a non-staff GroupWise email account. It is intended for students and any other non-staff that have a long-term business need for an LCC GroupWise email account. Requests must be initiated by a manager. In general, only active staff may have Groupwise email accounts.
The purpose of this procedure is to document the process for requesting and managing a non-staff GroupWise email account. This procedure does not apply to employees of the college. It is intended for students and any other non-staff that have a long term business need for an LCC GroupWise email account.
- Requests must be initiated by a manager.
- The manager becomes the responsible party for the account.
- Send requests to the Chief Information Officer.
- Include in the request:
- The business reason that a GroupWise email account is required.
- The name and phone number of the person getting the account.
- A statement that the person getting the account has read the college Appropriate Use Policy.
Annual Review and Renewal
- All non-staff accounts will expire on June 15.
- The IT department will send a warning 30 days prior to deleting the account.
- A new request is required to continue an account beyond June 15.