The Writing Center+
The Writing Center+ is a free service where trained professional and peer Writing Coaches act as a practice audience and support Lane Community College students in their reading, speaking, and writing development.
Where is it?
The Writing Center+ is online for summer 2020. Visit us on Moodle in the Get Help Here: Lane Support Hub. All Lane students are enrolled in this support space for free.
When is it open?
Most services are available 10:00 - 1:00 and 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Thursday and 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. Tuesday - Wednesday
How can I get online tutoring?
- Go to the Lane Tutoring Zoom Room or the Lane Support Hub in Moodle.
- For fast citation, grammar, or punctuation support, chat with us using your Lane email account. Our email account is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send us a request to connect using Google Chat.
- We will accept the request, and type responses to your questions there.
- If you prefer written comments, use your Lane email to send your project to email@example.com. Projects submited will be reviewed within 24 hours. In your email to us, include the following information:
- the assignment description/guidelines (as an attachment or copied and pasted below your name),
- three questions or areas of concern you have about your project, and
- any other information or feedback you have already received.
How do I make a Zoom-based appointment if I want to talk with someone?
- If you have never registered, register as a new user using WCONLINE registration.
- Look at the white/blank spaces on the schedule: Writing Coaches are available during those times.
When you visit, please
- Bring an electronic copy of your assignment.
- Plan for 30 minutes with a Writing Coach, depending upon availability.
What can I get help with?
Writing and Communication Coaches can help with all stages of a writing project from making decisions about what type of project to create to organizing ideas and citing sources. We do not proofread, but we do assist you in finding, learning about, and fixing individual error patterns.
We also help students with reading for assignments and projects and with speaking and listening tasks. During coaching sessions, we may help you use resources like those found on our Pinterest collection--check them out!
Explore the Writing Center+!