VA Educational Benefits
Eligibility Requirements and Documents Required
(1st Time Applicants only)
- Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill) - All veterans who served on active duty after 9/11/2001 may qualify for this benefit.
- Chapter 30 (Active Duty) - Veterans who entered the armed services after July 1, 1985 and elected to contribute $100 per month for the first 12 months of their enlistment.
- Chapter 1606 (ARNG & Reserve) - Students currently serving a minimum 6-year enlistment with the Reserve or Oregon Army National Guard
- Chapter 1607 (REAP) - activated ARNG/Reserves - Students whose Reserve or ARNG unit was activated to serve in Global War on Terrorism
- Chapter 35 (Dependents) - Dependents (including spouses) whose parent (wife/husband) served on active duty and were 100% permanently disabled as a result of active duty or was missing or killed in action.
- Chapter 31 (Service-Connected Disability) - Veterans who received a service-connected disability while on active duty.
- State of Oregon Educational Aid - Oregon veterans who received an honorable and are no longer eligible to receive any Federal VA Benefits.
- VRAP - Veterans Retraining Assistance Program - Veterans who received an honorable discharge, underemployed or unemployed and between the ages of 35 and 60.