Study Tips and Study Strategy Help
Struggling to be a successful student? Don't get discouraged, it isn't magic and you can do it! But it does require desire, dedication and a lot of work. If you want help to become a successful student, then you've come to the right place. Our study tips for students will provide you everything you need in order to learn how to learn more effectively.
There are 27 topics in the document and you can use the bookmarks in the document to pick the topic you want to read up on. The topics are listed below for reference.
You can also check out the study strategy help websites linked below for additional help.
- Study Tip #1 - Some basic study methods
- Study Tip #2 - Reading to Understand
- Study Tip #3 - Using Mental Frameworks to Learn More
- Study Tip #4 - Basic Memorizing By Thinking
- Study Tip #5 - Basic Memorizing--Three "Look-Away" Methods
- Study Tip #6 - Memory Tricks
- Study Tip #7 - Teaching Yourself Cognitive Skills
- Study Tip #8 - Teaching yourself physical skills: the "Mist-Stars" method
- Study Tip #9 - Taking useful class notes
- Study Tip #10 - How to create a positive attitude and stop procrastinating
- Study Tip #11 - Motivating someone to keep trying
- Study Tip #12 - How to ask questions that help your teacher teach better
- Study Tip #13 - How to take objective tests to get the highest score possible
- Study Tip #14 - How to plan your time so that you can get your homework done
- Study Tip #15 - What most instructors expect their students to do
- Study Tip #16 - People over 40: Learning and memory
- Study Tip #17 - Raising your intelligence
- Study Tip #18 - Handling Test Anxiety (Part 1)
- Study Tip #19 - Handling Test Anxiety (Part 2)
- Study Tip #20 - The Science Behind the Study Tips
- Study Tip #21 - Resources and Obstacles to Learning
- Study Tip #22 - Speed and Timing Tricks to Improve Learning
- Study Tip #23 - SCIENCE: READING A TEXT CHAPTER FOR THE FIRST TIME
- Study Tip #24 - SCIENCE: STUDYING A TEXT CHAPTER
- Study Tip #25 - SCIENCE: DEALING WITH VOCABULARY, SYMBOLS AND MATH
- How to Study Science
- How to Study Math
Links to Study Strategy Websites:
- Accuplacer Student Guide - The official Accuplacer Student Guide with information on the test and sample questions
- LCC Math Review Sheets and Resources - Developed by the LCC Math Department specifically to review for the math placement tests
- MyMathTest - By Pearson, the GED computer-based testing provider. Must have a Pearson account.
- Intelligent.com - Designed to help students take control of their studies and get the most out of their education.
- 100 Self-Help & Study Skills for Students with ADD - ADD and ADHD are becoming more and more common in the modern age. Students complain about struggling to pay attention, which affects their studying.