Lane Dental Hygiene Testing Information for Spring 2020
All applicants must take the ATI TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills). This is a timed test. You may take the test only once during this application period.
Steps to take the test
- Before you sign up for the test: apply online to Lane Community College to become a Lane student. After completing your online admissions, you will receive an email with your Lane ID number (L#).
- Preparing for the tests: Only if you plan to test this year you can purchase a study guide at the Titan store located on main campus or at ATITesting.com.
If you have not already, please set up an account with ATI Testing, prior to your testing date. When asked to choose an institution, please select "Lane CC AH". Set up new account here.
- Schedule testing appointment: Make your appointment as early as possible, but only after you have completed your admissions and received your L#. No later testing options will be available.
The proctoring fee for the ATI is $20 dollars, to be paid at time of scheduling. Proctoring fee is non-refundable for missed or canceled appointments. Re-scheduling can occur 24 hours prior to a scheduled session, as long as space remains in the desired destination.
Schedule test here .
The Testing Office is located in Building 1, Room 116 at Lane Community College Main Campus, 4000 East 30th Avenue, Eugene, Or.
- Sessions: Everyone in the room will be taking the test at the same time; there will be no other testing programs in the room; starting time will be strictly enforced to eliminate people entering the room and disrupting the session. You will not be allowed to start the test if you arrive late. You should arrive 30 minutes early.
- Bring Photo ID: A valid photo ID is required when you come in to test. Please bring it with you or you will not be able to test.
- Pay the ATI testing fee: Payment for the TEAS (2020 test cost = $65) will occur online at the start of testing. You will need to pay online with a credit card, debit card or if you do not want to use your own credit card, please pick up a pre-paid card to pay for the test. The test fee is non-refundable. Schedule early as there are only 4 testing sessions this academic year.
Available Testing Appointments
- Friday, March 13, 2020
- Friday, March 20, 2020 (Canceled)
- Friday, March 27, 2020 (Canceled)
There is a limited amount of seating per session. If you do not schedule early enough and no space remains, you will have to find other testing arrangements.
- After testing, your scores will be entered into myLane by the Testing Office staff. The Health Professions office will retrieve them from there.
Note: If you tested previously, you will not be able to use last year's scores and will need to test again for this year's application process. Lane Dental Hygiene Allied Health testing requirements are located on the web in Lane's Dental Program Application Information.
Basic information about the Assessment Technoligies Institute (ATI) TEAS:
The Allied Health Test is a computerized multiple-choice timed exam covering 4 sections. You will have 3 hours and 29 minutes to complete the exam--not counting instruction. Please plan to be here 4 hours.
- Reading - 53 questions and 58 minutes. (Paragraph and Passage Comprehension and Informational Source Comprehension).
- Math - 36 problems and 54 minutes (Numbers and Operations, Algebraic Applications, Data Interpretation, Measurement).
- Science - 53 questions and 63 minutes. (Human Body Science, Life Science, Earth and Physical Science, Scientific Reasoning).
- English Language Usage – 28 questions and 28 minutes. (Grammar and word meanings in context, spelling and punctuation, structure).
If you have questions regarding the Dental Hygiene application process you may email: DHProgram@lanecc.edu.