Lane Dental Hygiene Testing Information for Spring 2021
All applicants must take the ATI TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills). This is a timed test. You may take the test only once during this application period.
Steps to take the test
- Before you sign up for the test: apply online to Lane Community College to become a Lane student. After completing your online admissions, you will receive an email with your Lane ID number (L#).
- Preparing for the tests: Only if you plan to test this year you can purchase a study guide at the Titan store located on main campus or at ATITesting.com.
If you have not already, please set up an account with ATI Testing, prior to your testing date. When asked to choose an institution, please select "Lane CC AH". Set up new account here.
- Schedule testing appointment: Schedule at lanecc.edu/test
- Sessions: March 12, 19, or 26, 2021 (all start at 10 am).
- Bring Photo ID: A valid photo ID is required when you test.
- Pay the ATI testing fee: Payment for the TEAS (2021 test cost + Proctorio = $70) will occur online prior to testing. You will need to pay online with a credit card, debit card or if you do not want to use your own credit card, please pick up a pre-paid card to pay for the test. The test fee is non-refundable. (Note: You will receive the Test ID number used to purchase the test when scheduling the exam).
- After testing, your scores will be entered into myLane by the Testing Office staff. The Health Professions office will retrieve them from there.
Note: If you tested previously, you will not be able to use last year's scores and will need to test again for this year's application process. Lane Dental Hygiene Allied Health testing requirements are located on the web in Lane's Dental Program Application Information.
Basic information about the Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) TEAS:
The Allied Health Test is a computerized multiple-choice timed exam covering 4 sections. You will have 3 hours and 29 minutes to complete the exam--not counting instruction. Please plan to be here 4 hours.
- Reading - 53 questions and 58 minutes. (Paragraph and Passage Comprehension and Informational Source Comprehension).
- Math - 36 problems and 54 minutes (Numbers and Operations, Algebraic Applications, Data Interpretation, Measurement).
- Science - 53 questions and 63 minutes. (Human Body Science, Life Science, Earth and Physical Science, Scientific Reasoning).
- English Language Usage – 28 questions and 28 minutes. (Grammar and word meanings in context, spelling and punctuation, structure).
Questions regarding the test, contact the Testing Office -
If you have questions regarding the Dental Hygiene application process you may email: DHProgram@lanecc.edu.