Take a tuition-free summer 2020 course at Lane!
Have a question?
Our HSC Advisor, Brenda Williams, is ready to answer any of your questions about the program.
While you may be stuck at home during summer 2020, use that extra time to get a jump start on your education! If you’ve just graduated from high school, will graduate in 2021, or passed your reasoning through language arts or math GED tests, you can take a tuition-free summer class at Lane! Whether you’re interested in taking a credit class for fun or a class that will get you one step closer to your degree, Lane will help you take that next step with one tuition-free class this summer. For a 4-credit course, that’s a $480 savings!
What you need to know
- High School class of 2020 or 2021. GED students that have passed the Reasoning through Language Arts (score of 145+) or the Math section (165+) or graduated June 1, 2019 or later are eligible. You only need one of these GED tests to qualify.
- All fees plus textbook costs are your responsibility. Payment plans are available in myLane. You can also take an OER class to save on textbook costs!
- All summer classes are taught remotely (June 22-September 12th). You’ll want to learn both Moodle and Zoom before your classes start, to ensure you’re prepared for your courses. Don’t worry - both are free, and if you’re not familiar, we’ll provide resources to get you ready before classes start.
- You’ll need to meet any prerequisites for the course you want to enroll in
- The tuition for your highest credit course will be subtracted from your Lane account at the end of Week 2
- Apply to Lane for summer term entry by Monday, June 22nd 2:00pm
- Complete all admissions steps and register by Friday, June 26th 2:00pm
- Even if the course starts in July and August, you must register before Friday, June 26th,
- Complete the required tuition-free summer course form by Sunday, June 28th
Ready to get started?
If you've passed your Reasoning through Language Arts or Math GED tests, or are a high school junior or senior, you're in the right place! Use the summer 2020 steps to enroll below to get started. If you have any questions along the way, ask!
Summer 2020 Steps to Enroll
We recommend you bookmark this website to make sure you have completed all the necessary steps. Please read thoroughly and complete in this order.
Complete the Online Application
This application will give your student ID (L#).
What if you already have an L#? You must submit this application to take part in the summer course program. Your L# will stay the same.
- Social Security Number: While including your social security number is optional, if you plan to apply for financial aid (FAFSA) in the future, you'll need to provide it
- A unique student email: It cannot be an email address that belongs to your parent(s) or another student
- Class of 2021: select " Personal Enrichment " as your planned program of study
What happens after you submit your application
- Within one to three business days, you’ll receive your L number and a myLane temporary password/Next Steps emails. Check your spam folder.
- That email will also include information on claiming your student email. Make sure to claim your my.lanecc.edu email in your myLane - it takes 2 minutes! You'll need that to submit the tuition-free request form.
Determine Your Course Placement Level
Course Placement can help you ensure you're successful in your classes. While some students require a placement test to help determine an appropriate Math and Writing placement, you may also be able to use your high school GPA, prior college courses, AP, or IB scores, Smarter Balance scores, or other measures to determine your placement.
If you place into WR 115 and want to try to get into WR 121 Academic Composition instead, let Brenda Williams know and she will discuss other writing placement options.
GED students: A minimum score of 145 on your Reasoning through Language Arts is required. A minimum score of 165+ on the math section is required.
I am 17 or younger as of June 22nd
All students that are under the age of 18 when summer classes start are required to submit a Under 18 Student and Parent/Guardian Consent form to attend Lane. After signing, take a picture of it, and submit the picture to the Enrollment Services digital drop box (use your my.lanecc.edu account).
Complete New Student Orientation Online (Class of 2020 and GED 2020 graduates only)
All HS/GED graduates and are required to complete their new student orientation online. This orientation will help you determine an appropriate course for summer term depending on your program of study. This takes about 20 minutes. Brenda Williams can answer any questions about the suggested classes after you complete it. Please check with the financial aid office on how this course will impact your aid for the 20-21 academic year.
Register for a Summer Class
Don’t miss out on this great savings! Register for your course(s) today in your myLane. All summer courses, including the ones that start in July and August, must be on your myLane schedule before June 26th. Don’t forget to look for OER courses to save on textbook costs. If you need help picking out a course, contact Brenda Williams.
Submit Required Tuition-Free Request Form
We want to make sure you don’t miss out on this tuition-free course. This is the most important step. It is due by Sunday, June 28th. Taking 2 minutes to submit this form can save you at least $480 dollars this summer. You must use your my.lanecc.edu email account to submit this form.
We appreciate all your effort and resiliency during COVID 19. Let’s make this summer worth it together! We are here to help. Just ask!