"Everybody can be great, because everybody can serve."
– Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Why Service Learning?
Service Learning is way for instructors to:
- Inform and expand classroom learning by addressing current community needs and concerns
- Guide students to understand and reflect on their community-based experience as it relates to their academic study
- Learn about the structure and purposes of community-based organizations
- Understand and appreciate our roles as members of a civic community and as citizens of a democracy