Admissions for Non-Sponsored/Sponsored High School Students
Oregon high school students can join the RTEC program at Lane to get a jump start on college. It's an opportunity for a current high school student to be on Lane's campus and earn college credit.
If you are being sponsored, your deadline may be earlier than what is listed. Check with your HS sponsor for their enrollment deadlines.
Winter 2021- classes start January 4th.
Deadline to complete all admission holds: Wednesday January 6th
High School Students - Follow these Steps to Enroll:
Parents - please do not complete any step for your student.
Students - follow the steps below if you plan to take classes on Lane’s Campus under the RTEC program (classes at Lane before high school graduation).
Complete Application and FERPA Form to get Started
Complete Online Application
This application will give your student ID (L#). It can take up to 5 days to process.
What if you already have an L#? You must submit this application to take part in the RTEC program. Your L# will stay the same.
- Social Security Number: If you plan to apply for financial aid (FAFSA) in the future, please enter your social security number
- A unique student email: It cannot be an email address that belongs to your parent(s) or another student
- Planned Program of Study: Choose the "Personal Enrichment" program of study option
Submit a HSC RTEC FERPA form and Under 18 Consent Form
All new students must submit the HSC FERPA release form.
Complete In Any Order after your application is processed
Determine Placement Level
You must prove your writing level before advising and registration. Your HS counselor and the HSC Advisor may also require proof of your math level.
For writing: Our current policy is to place all students into WR 115 if they do not meet any of the below options.
Class of 2021: If you place into WR 115, submit the survey again after your first term of HS is over with your new HS GPA. A 3.00 GPA will put you into WR 121. This will save you time and money.
For math: If none of the below apply to you, you'll need to take the ALEKS placement test online.
Here are your options for determining your writing and math placement:
- Your senior high school GPA after first term grades are posted (approximate) 2.00 GPA or higher is required
- A writing course graded on a college transcript
- Your Smarter Balanced (OAKS) English Language Arts (from the last 5 years) or Math score (from the last 2 years). If you don't remember your score, contact your high school
- Your SAT scores from the last 5 years (Writing: 490+, Math: 510+ required). Look up SAT scores
- Your ACT math scores from the last 2 years ( Math only: 22+ score). Look up ACT scores
- Your Advanced Placement scores from the last 5 years, in any of English & Composition, AP Calculus AB, or AP Calculus BC. Look up AP Exam scores
- Your International Baccalaureate Scores in English A Literature (Standard or High) or English A Literature & Language (Standard or High) from the last 5 years. Look up IB Exam scores
Claim Your my.lanecc.edu Email Address in myLane
In myLane, you will see a tab that says Claim Student Email. Students are required to communicate through this my.lanecc.edu email
Last Step Before Registration
Complete Academic Advising with the HSC Advisor
If you need more guidance on what classes to take or have questions, please reach out to the High School Connections Advisor, Brenda Williams. You will talk about:
- Responsibilities of being a dual enrolled college student
- Understand policies at Lane
- Look at recommended classes by program