Count on your future by starting your business career with Lane's Business Assistant certificate.
Cooperative Education classes can help you stand out when you’re searching for a job by giving you real world experience.
What you'll learn
In this program, you can earn a certificate to find an entry-level job, or you can use the program to start your path to a degree.
1 year certificate
The Business Assistant certification will help you acquire the core knowledge you need to start your career in business. You’ll learn recordkeeping, effective research, and general office duties that will make you successful in many business environments.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Anticipate and actively explore innovative business solutions
- Build cultural competency for workplace and customer interactions
- Use software to input, manage, and interpret information
- Learn professional ethics and legal standards
- Apply critical thinking and analytical skills in decision-making and problem solving
- Organize and manage daily business functions
You can use this program as a jumping off point for starting your career as a receptionist, office clerk, human resources assistant, and more. Many students also use this certificate to start the Accounting degrees at Lane.
Not sure which is for you? Learn more about the types of degrees & certificates Lane has to offer
You’ll hone your skills using business software programs with faculty member, Jim Chase.
You’ll take introductory business classes with faculty member, Patricia Boyle.