Event: Guided Pathways Workshop With Rob Johnstone
Feb. 5, 2018
View the video of Rob Johnstone's Feb. 5 keynote presentation.
Dr. Rob Johnstone, founder and president at the National Center for Inquiry and Improvement, will be at Lane for the day on Monday, Feb. 5, for a workshop on guided pathways.
Johnstone is a national expert and researcher on guided pathways, a model to improve student success and outcomes through clearly defined program pathways.
Johnstone's keynote address and sessions will offer a rare opportunity for personal conversations to address questions and concerns about guided pathways and the impact on the college’s systems and student success. Learn about the challenges and achievements, myths and research outcomes, and the roles of all members of the college in increasing student success.
Please review the agenda for the day. Johnstone suggests that those interested in attending a breakout session attend the keynote address.
If you are interested in learning more about pathways framework and the research emerging from practice, these resources are available:
- Redesigning America's Community Colleges: A Clearer Path to Student Success (Book by authors Bailey, Jaggars, and Jenkins, 2015).
- Rob Johnstone's research and publications;
- Visit American Association of Community College's Pathways Project;
- Articles from the Community College Research Center:
- Review video and materials from Community College Research Center scholar and author, Davis Jenkins from his 2016 visit to Lane.