Lane Community College is in the process of implementing a print management system for students, faculty, and staff. This system will provide a charge-back system for departments and a comprehensive pay for print system for students that will be utilized by all LCC users on virtually every printer and copier.
We are currently in the process of defining the needs for the student, faculty and staff at Lane so that all printing/copying/faxing needs are satisfied while ensuring ease of use as well as creating sustainable practices.
The key steps to accomplish this project are:
- Form task forces to develop concepts and guidelines for providing printing services to students, staff, and faculty at Lane Community College.
- Develop systems for notification to all constituents about the roll-out – ensuring clear, positive communications, as well as providing plenty of time for input
- Work with IT's infrastructure services to ensure smooth roll-out from a technical perspective
- Work with Enrollment Services, ASA LT, CSLT, and Dean's to ensure a smooth roll-out from a humanistic perspective.
|Project Milestone||Date Estimate|
|Project start date||January 2012|
|Complete formation of focus teams||January 2012|
|Commence meetings for all teams||February 2012|
|Finalize all procedures, processes, guidelines, and communications||April 2012|
|Finalize project plan||May 2012|
|Implement marketing strategies||May 2012|
|Finalize all technical and purchasing details||June 2012|
|Begin staged roll-out of Print Management to Faculty and Staff||October 2012-Fall 2015|
|Begin roll-out of Print Management to Students||Fall 2014-Summer 2015|
|Finalize implementation with complete LCC roll-out||Fall 2015|
|Monitor system and resolve start-up issues||Fall 2015|
|End Print Management Project and begin normal operating procedure||Winter 2016|
- Print Management FAQ <---Word Document
- Print Management Project Presentation <---PDF version of initial PowerPoint describing project
Please direct any questions or concerns to:
(Printing & Graphics, Titan Store, Mail Services, & Warehouse)