Want to learn about additional scholarship opportunities and resources?
Foundation Scholarship Opportunities
The application deadline for the 2018/2019 academic year was March 2nd. Check back in January to apply for scholarships for 2019/2020.
Note: Contact Continuing Education for information about CNA scholarships.
Steps To Apply For LCC Foundation Scholarships:
To request this information in an alternate format, please contact the the Center for Accessible Resources at (541) 463-5150 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Read the Scholarship Application Instructions - These important instructions will help you successfully complete your application.
2. Before you apply
- Have an email address (students should use their Lane gmail address)
- Have a Lane ID # (also called L#) This may take several business days. Getting Started at Lane
- Get unofficial copies of your transcripts and save them as PDF files. Failure to provide transcripts will disqualify your application. Uploading transcripts in file formats other than PDF will also disqualify your application. Do this early. Transcript requests, including the GED, take time to process. MyGradPlan does not qualify as a Lane transcript. Paper copies of documents will not be accepted. NOTE: Uploaded documents are limited to 10MB. If your PDF files exceed this limit, try scanning your documents at a slightly lower resolution. Read the Scholarship Application Instructions for detailed information.
- Know your major & degree plans.
- Essay questions for the 2018/2019 scholarship application..
- Apply for nursing, other health care professions, culinary and hospitality scholarships if you plan to be in the program in the fall. We will verify acceptance into the program when we are awarding scholarships.
- Apply for FAFSA (required for many, but not all scholarships)
- The Foundation application period opens in early January.
- The application deadline was March 2, 2018, at 8:59 p.m.
3. Apply online - The application deadline for the 2018/2019 academic year was March 2, 2018. Check back in January to apply for scholarships for the 2019/2020 academic year.
List of Scholarships available for 2018/2019
Helpful Application Tips
- Create a User Name and Password for STARS online application.
- Write it down! You cannot access your application without it!
- There is no "SUBMIT" button on the application or email confirmation.
- Questions or problems logging in? Send an email that includes Full Name and Application Question in the subject line to email@example.com. Someone will try to get back to you as soon as possible. If you wait until the scholarship deadline, it is very unlikely you will get a response in time to complete your application.
Useful Resources On Lane Community College Website
This site lists options for researching scholarships not affiliated with Lane Community College. There are also resources for preparing scholarship applications.
- Financial Aid:
This site has details about the FAFSA process and has an excellent list of topics related to student financial assistance.
- Enrollment Services: This site provides information on applying for admission to Lane Community College and steps to enroll in credit classes.
- SHed: Student HelpDesk: This site has a Knowledgebase article on How to print or save your LCC transcript as a PDF.
Tutoring Services:This site has information about the various tutoring services available to Lane students.
Center for Accessible Resources (CAR): This center works with students and faculty to determine appropriate academic adjustments and services for students with qualified documented disabilities.
Other Helpful Information
- Scholarships and Financial Aid.
- Foundation Scholarship Exception Request
Foundation Scholarships are disbursed beginning the second Thursday of each term and, in most cases, disbursement occurs every Thursday thereafter, as awards become ready for payment. You should complete this form if you have been awarded a scholarship through Lane's Foundation and your award has not been disbursed by this time.
- ged.com Effective 2016, GED transcripts may be obtained through GED Testing Service (ged.com). Their website will provide information on how to request these documents.
- Social Services List:This listing of local social services (dated 03.31.17) is a copy of the information available on the City of Eugene website.
- 211.info.org. Website to locate health and social services resources.
What Happens After The Scholarship Deadline?
LCC Foundation Scholarship Contact
The Foundation has a separate database from the College. Updating your contact information through the College on Expresslane or myLane does not update our records.
If your email address, home address, or phone number changes, please notify us by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org