EUGENE, Ore. – January is Jazz Month at LCC.
The Lane Jazz Ensemble and Lane Small Jazz Combos concerts will be held Friday, January 10 at 5:00 p.m. in the Ragozzino Performance Hall at Lane Community College main campus, 4000 E. 30th Avenue, Eugene (rescheduled from December). The Jazz Ensemble, under the direction of Paul Krueger, will perform first, followed by Ron Bertucci's Small Jazz Combos class. They will present a selection of new tunes and old favorites.
The Oregon Jazz Festival returns to Lane Community College on Friday and Saturday, January 24 and 25. This year features the band Kneebody (www.kneebody.com). Kneebody with perform with the Lane Community College and University of Oregon Jazz Ensembles on Friday night, January 24, and will headline the concert on Saturday, January 25. Both concerts begin at 7:30 p.m. Reviewers' comments on the band's website include:
- "There isn't a handy term or genre for the music that Kneebody creates. It's a band thoroughly acquainted with 1960s free-bop, 1970s jazz rock, 1990s hip-hop and postmillennial indie rock; along with classical postminimalism. (I'm leaving something out, I'm sure.) Whatever the terminology, this group has an audience...." – New York Times
- "Putting a finger on a band like Kneebody is a bit like raising it to the wind. At any given moment, the group's artistic inclinations can whip in an unpredictable direction." – Wall Street Journal
For more information:
- Tickets: www.lanecc.edu/tickets
- Newsroom: http://www.lanecc.edu/newsroom
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/lanenews
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/lanecommunitycollege
Lane Community College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.