Lane Weekly Submission Form
You can learn more about the Weekly in COPPS.
- Lane Weekly is emailed Tuesdays unless otherwise announced.
- Deadline for submissions is 3 p.m. Monday.
- Submissions are limited to 100 words to provide readers with a quick, concise read.
- If you have changes to your submission after you have submitted it or after it has been published, correct and resubmit the information and add a message such as “please delete previous submissions and use this one” in the Requests to Editor section of the online submission form.
- Include URLs so readers can link to more information and add a JPEG or PNG image if desired.
- Submissions can be repeated up to three times per term upon request. Include which three Tuesdays you want in the Requests to Editor field on the online submission form.
- Include photos when possible.
- Write a one-line headline with the most relevant detail, including date if timely.
- Be concise. Contributions are limited to 100 words. To provide more information, link to a website. You can shorten a URL by using a web service such as Bitly or TinyURL.
- For timely information, include weekday, month, day, and beginning and ending time, as relevant. Current year is assumed and doesn't need to be included.
- Specify location including which campus, building and room.
- Answer who, what, when, where, why and how as relevant, in order of importance.
- Be interesting—write what’s “first, best, most, only” or otherwise special.
- Provide contact information such as name, number, email, or all of these.
- Use Associated Press style for grammar, punctuation, usage, and style. See the Writer’s Style Guide for Lane Community College.
- Submit your contribution. Lane Weekly editors will review your contribution and may edit further in keeping with Associated press style and with COPPS policies.