Lane Weekly Submission Form
You can learn more about the weekly in COPPS.
- Lane Weekly is emailed Tuesdays unless otherwise announced.
- Deadline for submissions is 3 p.m. Monday.
- Submissions are limited to 100 words.
- Include URLs if you want readers to link to more information.
- Include photos when possible.
- Write a one-line headline with the most relevant detail, including date if timely.
- Be concise. Contributions are limited to 100 words. To provide more information, link to a website. You can shorten a URL by using a web service such as Bitly or TinyURL.
- For timely information, include weekday, month, day, and beginning and ending time, as relevant. Current year is assumed and doesn't need to be included.
- Specify location including which campus, building and room.
- Answer who, what, when, where, why and how as relevant, in order of importance.
- Be interesting—write what’s “first, best, most, only” or otherwise special.
- Provide contact information such as name, number, email, or all of these.
- Use Associated Press style for grammar, punctuation, usage, and style. See the Writer’s Style Guide for Lane Community College.
- Submit your contribution. Lane Weekly editors will review your contribution and may edit further in keeping with Associated press style and with COPPS policies.