Four Winds Digital Sign
Upcoming Staff Training
Login to the Four Winds Digital Sign Content Manager Web
Digital Sign Deployment Instructions
Quick Guide to Design for Digital Signs on Campus
- Size: Letter (8.5 X 11) or Tabloid (11 X 17) is just fine (landscape or portrait)!
- Design: Have a strong visual hierarchy. Arrange your primary points in at least three tiers:
- Headline: large type to capture someone’s attention: 16+ point
- Subhead: supportive information like date, time and place: 14-24 point
- Body: the details: 12-14 point
- Fonts and size: stick to clear and readable type at a size that is easy to read from some distance. Ornate or decorative fonts might be difficult to read.
- Images: Choose an image that best represents your message. Consider inclusiveness in your image choice. Make sure that you use images that have been properly acquired with appropriate rights or permissions. Collect photo release signatures for any persons photographed for your project. For more information on appropriate image use, contact the Design and Media Center at dmc@laneccedu.
Example of Digital Sign image:
II: Accessibility, Branding & Finishing
- Accessibility: Keep good visual contrast. Do not place white type on a yellow background or vice versa. Have any information follow logical sequences. Avoid ornate or busy fonts. Keep the fonts as large as they can be within their hierarchy. For information as to which accessibility statement to use for your publication, go to Lanecc.edu and search for accessibility statements.
- Branding: For on-campus viewing, branding is not necessary (but appreciated). If the advertisement is for something school-related and is to also be published, digitally or otherwise, off-campus, please consult with the Marketing Dept or the Design and Media Center for help with your design:
Brett Rowlett at email@example.com (Marketing) or
Tom Madison at firstname.lastname@example.org (Design & Media Center)
- Create and send file: Save as a jpg, jpeg, png or pdf. Send to DigitalSignRequest@lanecc.edu