Information and Academic Technology consists of about 40 contracted staff, located at 10 work sites in 6 different buildings. The department is headed by the Chief Information Officer who reports to the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs.
IT Mission and Vision
Information Technology provides a broad range of technology support services to the college community. The department was formed in 2000 with the intention of integrating the existing Computer Services Department with the Instructional Technology Support Services Department to form a single technology services organization.
AT Mission and Scope
The Academic Technology Team supports and advances effective learning, teaching, scholarship, community building, and technology adoption.
- Actively collaborating to provide universally accessible solutions;
- Research and development of innovations and best practices;
- Developing expertise and competencies through training, consultations, and professional development;
- Designing, extending, and supporting virtual and physical learning environments.
- Online Teaching and Learning (OLTL) ~ supporting effective pedagogy in the online learning environment to include Moodle, SoftChalk, Elluminate, and an arrayof web 2.0 tools;
- Digital Literacy ~ teaching technology and promoting digtal citizenship for all constituents of the campus community;
- New Media Services ~ consulting, designing, and producing new media projects with audio, video, photography, data, and the web;
- Support Services ~ helping technology work so you can too;
Bill Schuetz, Chief Information Officer, (541) 463-3355
Thad Cowdin, Infrastructure Services manager, (541) 463-3358
Barbara Barlow, Project Coordinator, (541) 463-5065
Cathy Nolan, Department Coordinator, (541) 463-3330
IT Organizational Chart
Technology Groups and Charters
Technology Council: one of the seven councils established in 2004 as part of the college governance system.
Banner and Related Systems coordinating group (BARScg): coordinates operation of the highly integrated administrative information systems and to makes recommendations to the AVP for IT on overall systems management issues.