Mission and core themes
Lane is the community's college: We provide comprehensive, accessible, quality, learning-centered educational opportunities that promote student success.
Lane's core themes manifest essential elements of the school's mission by reflecting the central identity of our institution. The Themes are also an essential and powerful tool that allows the college to accurately assess mission fulfilment.
The college recently completed an inclusive process to develop new core themes and their related objective and indicators that more accurately describe, align, and reflect its mission statement. Below is the abbreviated version of our Core Themes which does not include indicators and rationale. The full document can be found in this PDF, Core Themes, objectives, indicators and rationales.
As an engaged member of our community, Lane's programs, services, and activities serve the community's needs.
- Objective 1: Lane offers comprehensive programs that support individual and community needs
- Objective 2: Lane serves the intellectual and social needs of the community through non-academic programs and services
Lane's policies, procedures, programs, and services facilitate open, fair, and just educational experiences.
- Objective 1: Lane minimizes barriers and maximizes opportunities for diverse student populations
Lane's quality educational environment embraces academic and instructional integrity, relevancy, rigor, innovation, and transparency.
- Objective 1: Lane employs high-impact practices
- Objective 2: Lane faculty and staff regularly engage in professional development
- Objective 3: Lane's curricula are designed with intention to support discipline-level/ program-level, and college-level outcomes
Lane's students advance on their academic paths and reach their educational goals.
- Objective 1: Students progress toward their educational objectives
- Objective 2: Students complete their educational goals
To learn about how the college developed these themes in winter through summer 2015, please see History page.