Request for Proposals
Fall In-service 2019
Before the fall term begins, we'll convene on Thursday, Sept. 26 for Fall In-Service. This year’s theme is focused on teaching and learning and the various roles we each play in contributing to students’ experiences and success at Lane.
Fall In-Service is an opportunity to share ways we can improve and innovate, and to advance student success across campus departments, programs, and offices through our teaching and learning environment.
The day includes breakout sessions, and the planning committee will consider proposals for breakout sessions based on the following topic areas centered on the theme of teaching and learning:
- Current or potential curricular and co-curricular innovations/improvements related to the teaching and learning environment;
- Cross-departmental or -divisional connections and collaborations that improve our teaching and learning environment;
- Opportunities to improve access, equity, and inclusion in teaching and learning environments; and
- Skill development to impact/foster the teaching and learning environment.
Proposals MUST include how the session relates to the theme.
Proposals may be submitted via the form below. If selected, the submitted information provided in the form will be included in the event program, so please consider your audience and regard the following in the development of your presentation and proposal submission:
- What is the topic of the session? Is the topic relevant to the theme of teaching and learning and accessible to employees with a range of experience levels?
- Does the content being presented reflect a multiplicity of viewpoints?
- How will the content be delivered? Can it be made accessible for individuals with vision or hearing disabilities? Will individuals with mobility challenges be able to fully participate?
- Who is the audience for the content? If it’s designed for multiple employee groups and knowledge/experience levels, are those differences addressed in content and delivery?
- Consider the objective of your session. Is the purpose to share information, brainstorm, create dialogue, and/or provide professional development? Does the purpose relate to the theme of teaching and learning?
A limited number of proposals will be accepted for Fall In-Service and applications will be reviewed by a sub-committee. Deadline for submission is by 5 p.m. Wednesday, July 31. Presenters will be notified of acceptance by 5 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 6.
For questions, please contact: Marsha Sills at (541) 463-3269 , ext. 3269 or email@example.com.