Request for Proposals
Spring Conference 2020
Spring Conference is planned May 1. This year’s theme is focused on Guided Pathways and redesigning the ideal student experience.
Spring Conference is an opportunity to share ways we can improve and innovate, and to advance student success across campus departments and programs using the Guided Pathways framework.
Guided Pathways teams plan to offer collaborative work and engagement sessions in the afternoon and cultural competency professional development on topics that support Guided Pathways principles will also be offered.
There are limited opportunities for additional sessions focused on Guided Pathways principles.
What is Guided Pathways? Guided Pathways is a strategic framework that guides an inclusive, holistic redesign of the student experience to help our students graduate and achieve their goals. The framework is designed to meet the multiple phases of students’ needs and experiences by:
- Creating clear curricular pathways to employment and further education
- Helping students choose and enter their pathway
- Helping students stay on their path
- Ensuring that student learning is happening with intentional outcomes.
The day includes breakout sessions, and the planning committee will invites proposals related to the following:
- Departmental or program updates: Is your department or program involved in work that supports Guided Pathways principles of improving access and student success?
- Innovative programming: Share innovations that could assist the college in its Guided Pathways work to improve access and student success.
- General professional development: Share skills/education with employees to help them better support students as the college moves forward with its Guided Pathways work.
- Teaching and Learning: Share curriculum or pedagogical changes or practices from your area that support student exploration, learning, and success toward their goals.
- Opportunities to improve access, equity, and inclusion and build cultural competency in support of Guided Pathways principles.
Proposals MUST include how the session relates to the theme.
Proposals may be submitted via the form below. If selected, the submitted information provided in the form will be included in the event program, so please consider your audience and regard the following in the development of your presentation and proposal submission:
- Is the topic relevant to the theme and accessible to employees with a range of experience levels?
- Does the content being presented reflect a multiplicity of viewpoints?
- How will the content be delivered? Can it be made accessible for individuals with vision or hearing disabilities? Will individuals with mobility challenges be able to fully participate?
- Who is the audience for the content? If it’s designed for multiple employee groups and knowledge/experience levels, are those differences addressed in content and delivery?
- Consider the objective of your session. Is the purpose to share information, brainstorm, create dialogue, and/or provide professional development?
A limited number of proposals will be accepted for Spring Conference and applications will be reviewed by a sub-committee. Deadline for submission is by 5 p.m. Monday, April 6. Presenters will be notified of acceptance by 5 p.m. Thursday, April 9.
For questions, please contact: Marsha Sills at 541-463-3269 , ext. 3269 or firstname.lastname@example.org.