Spring Conference - May 5, 2017
Where Do We Go from Here? The Role of Continuous Quality Improvement in Transforming Lives Through Learning
Schedule of Events
7:30 - 8:30 am: All Staff Social - Bring your cup and join your colleagues for coffee or tea.
Come early to sign-in and complete a quick survey on your notification preferences at Lane. Survey conducted online by Online Teaching and Learning Committee.
Location: Center for Meeting and Learning(CML)/Bldg. 19, Downstairs Lobby
8:30 - 10:45 am: Morning All Staff Program
Location: Center for Meeting and Learning(CML)/Bldg. 19, Rm. 102-104
8:30 - 8:40 am: Welcome - Rosie Pryor, Board Member
8:40 - 8:55 am: President's Message - Mary Spilde
8:55 - 9:15 am: Mary Spilde's Recognition
9:15 - 9:30 am: Break
9:30 - 10:45 am: Improving Student Learning - Keynote Speech and Panel Discussion
Carol Schaafsma, retired Vice President of Linn-Benton Community College will address how each of us, no matter our role at the college, can impact and improve student learning experiences. Carol will facilitate a panel who will discuss their experiences with program review and how the process of thoughtful reflection and meaningful review helped them create a framework for continuous process improvement and adaptation to meet the needs of our students. Panel: Heath Pierce, Christina Howard, Kerry Levett, Matt Svoboda and Greg Evans
10:45 - 11:00 am: Break
11:00 - 12:15 pm: Concurrent Sessions - See program link at the top for descriptions and locations
- 25Live and Four Winds Interactive Training
- Awareness, Strategy, and Initiative: Understanding what you have and what you need to work toward your professional goals
- Campus Groundskeeping Tour
- Crowdfunding using LaneFunder
- Getting the Most Out of GroupWise
- Google G Suites Basics
- Promote Gender Equity in Classrooms/Areas (and What to Do When There are Concerns of Discrimination)
- Show Off: Using Co-curricular Assessment to Demonstrate the Power of the Student Experience
- S is for Spring and Sustainability: Open Information and Feedback Session
- Tools for Resiliency and Self-Compassion
- Veterans Student Panel on Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Issues
- Yes, We Are Open
12:15 - 1:30 pm: Lunch and Activities
12:15 - 1:30 pm: Lunch - Presented by Food Services
Location: Food Court on the first floor of the Center Building (CEN)
12:15 pm: "Go the Extra Mile for our Students" Wellness WeCare Walk - Wendy Simmons
Join us for this one-mile walk to benefit our students and your energy! While the event is free, your donations will fund the Shining Star Scholarship. There will be a random prize drawing for two prizes: a Tsunami Books gift certificate and a Fitbit. If you are unable to walk, other activity modalities will be available, just let Wendy Simmons know.
Location: Meet at 12:15 pm at the north side of Building 5 on the bark trail.
12:30 - 1:30 pm: Ice Cream Social hosted by the Classified Professional Development Team
Stop by after lunch for a root beer float and say hello!
Location: Plaza in front of the Center Building (CEN)
1:30 - 4:00 pm: Concurrent Sessions - See program link at the top for descriptions and locations.
Classified- and Manager-Focused
- Service Mindset: The Power of Excellence
Presented by Dr. Stephen Gray and Justin Thibault of Susan Leigh Consulting - Bios
- Plotting Your Course on the General Education Map: Mapping Course Outcomes to Lane's Core Learning Outcomes
- Taking Stock: Developing a Plan for Student Learning Assessment in Your Corner of the Campus
- What's in a Learning Outcome? Setting Clear and Manageable Course Expectations
- Plan Development for Assessing CLOs in Co-curricular Activities
To request disability-related accommodations that will facilitate your full participation in this event (such as Sign Language interpreting, Braille, electronic text, visual describer), please contact Center for Accessible Resources at least one week in advance: 541-463-5150 (voice); 711 (relay); Building 1, 218; or AccessibleResources@lanecc.edu.