Welcome to the Gender Equity Center
Lane Community College's resource for students, staff and faculty.
Healthy Relationships at Home
Fridays, 12:00 to 12:30, weekly Feb. 5 - Mar. 5
You can reach out to the GEC/Title IX Counselor, Katherine, at email@example.com if you are looking for any resources or would like to schedule an online counseling session via Zoom.
Stay connected with the GEC community through our Instagram, @lanegenderequitycenter, and Facebook, @GEClane
The Gender Equity Center is working remotely until further notice. All events have been moved online or to zoom. Every effort will be made to reply to voice messages and emails received within 1-5 business days. We thank you for your patience and understanding during these unprecedented circumstances..
Our main areas of support are:
- Women in Transition: Classes and other resources supporting women entering college.
- LGBTQ Support & Advocacy: Support, Resources and Community for all LGBTQ+ students, staff, and allies.
- Healthy Masculine Identities: Resources and workshops exploring healthy masculine identities and ways of being.
- Title IX & Sexual Assault Prevention: Resources and learning opportunities to address and prevent Sexual Assault and Harassment.
- A welcoming place to study and socialize with other students
- A free phone for local calls
- Free use of our computers, with staff assistance available
- Peer support from GEC Ambassadors
- Referrals, and information
- Help entering Lane Community College
- Help applying for financial aid online
- Information on Women in Transition classes
- Help planning your time and class schedule
- Support and resources to stay in school
- Computer tutoring and advice
- Personal and career counseling
- Emotional support and encouragement
- Gender Inclusive Restrooms
- Ideas on how to balance school, work, and family life
- Referrals to campus resources for yourself and your family
- Support and referrals to local domestic violence service agencies
Eugene's community offers many resources: child care, employment services, medical resources, housing, financial assistance, food boxes and more. For more details, see the General Resource List.
GEC Mission Statement:
The Lane Community College Gender Equity Center exists for students, staff, and faculty and is focused on supporting an inclusive campus environment where all genders and sexual identities are valued and supported. We promote the exploration of the social construction of gender and how gender intersects with race, ethnicity, class, sex, sexual orientation, ability, age, nationality, and belief systems. The Gender Equity Center operates from a foundation of Brave dialogue where all ideas rooted in inquiry and learning are welcome.