Monday: 8 am - 5 pm (Closed 3 - 4 pm)
Tuesday: 8 am - 5 pm
Wednesday: 8 am - 5 pm
Thursday: 8 am - 5 pm
Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
Gender Equity Center
The Gender Equity Center provides support for all students and offers a relaxing atmosphere to study or socialize with your peers.
Our main areas of support are:
LGBTQ Support & Advocacy: Support, Resources and Commuhnity for all LGBTQ students, staff, and allies.
Career and Technical Education: CTE Workshops and Resources for exploring non-traditional career fields.
Healthy Masculine Identities: Resources and workshops exploring heakthy nasculine identities and ways of being.
Title IX & Sexual Assault Prevention: Resources and learning opportunities to address and prevent Sexual Assault and Harrassment will be housed at the GEC beginning Winter 2018.
- A welcoming place to study and socialize with other students
- A free phone for local calls
- Free use of our computers, with staff assistance available
- Peer support from other students
- Referrals, and information
- Help entering Lane Community College
- Help applying for financial aid online
- Information on the Women in Transition program
- Help planning your time and class schedule
- Support and resources to stay in school
- Computer tutoring and advice
- Emotional support and encouragement
- Gender Inclusive Restrooms
- Ideas on how to balance school, work, and family life
- Referrals to community and campus resources for yourself and your family
- Support and referrals to local domestic violence service agencies
30th Anniversary Celebration of Women in Transition!
Our celebration was an inspiring and moving event! Many women shared their experiences of how Women in Transition has impacted their lives. The entire program was videotaped and will be posted on this site as soon as possible.
Our WIT Story Booth was a wonderful way for women to share their stories. Take a look at the 30th Anniversary videos.
Thank you to everyone who helped make our 30th Anniversary Celebration such a beautiful event!
Eugene's community offers many resources: child care, employment services, medical resources, housing, financial assistance, food boxes and more. For more details, see the General Resource List.