Monday: 8 am - 5 pm
Tuesday: 8 am - 5 pm
Wednesday: 8 am - 3:30 pm
Thursday: 8 am - 5 pm
Friday: 8 am - 5 pm (Closed Summers)
Gender Equity Center
The Gender Equity Center provides support for all students and offers a relaxing atmosphere to study or socialize with your peers.
Our main areas of support are:
LGBTQ Support & Advocacy: Support, Resources and Community for all LGBTQ+ students, staff, and allies.
Career and Technical Education: CTE Resources for exploring non-traditional career fields.
Healthy Masculine Identities: Resources and workshops exploring healthy masculine identities and ways of being.
Title IX & Sexual Assault Prevention: Resources and learning opportunities to address and prevent Sexual Assault and Harassment.
- A welcoming place to study and socialize with other students
- A free phone for local calls
- Free use of our computers, with staff assistance available
- Peer support from GEC Ambassadors
- Referrals, and information
- Help entering Lane Community College
- Help applying for financial aid online
- Information on Women in Transition classes
- Help planning your time and class schedule
- Support and resources to stay in school
- Computer tutoring and advice
- Personal and career counseling
- Emotional support and encouragement
- Gender Inclusive Restrooms
- Ideas on how to balance school, work, and family life
- Referrals to campus resources for yourself and your family
- Support and referrals to local domestic violence service agencies
30th Anniversary Celebration of Women in Transition!
Yes, we are now moving beyond 30 years, but we are so proud of our 30 year anniversary that we want to continue to share how we celebrated! Our celebration was an inspiring and moving event! Many women shared their experiences of how Women in Transition has impacted their lives. The entire program was videotaped and will be posted on this site as soon as possible.
Our WIT Story Booth was a wonderful way for women to share their stories. Take a look at the 30th Anniversary videos.
Thank you to everyone who helped make our 30th Anniversary Celebration such a beautiful event!
Eugene's community offers many resources: child care, employment services, medical resources, housing, financial assistance, food boxes and more. For more details, see the General Resource List.