Summer Temperature Guidelines
With summer comes warmer weather. Lane's indoor summer temperature standards are 74 to 77 degrees F. These were developed to create comfortable conditions for the greatest number of students and staff and to balance a comfortable learning and working environment with energy conservation. Some spaces may be cooler than that, however our Facilities Mgmt & Planning staff try to maintain the 74 to 77 degrees F temperature range because of research that shows the range is more comfortable for people who are transitioning from outdoors to indoors and who are wearing warm weather clothes.
To keep cool and saving energy in summer:
- Wear lighter clothing if it is warm in your area.
- Hydrate! Drink water during the day.
- Close your blinds during the hottest parts of the day or if the sun is directly hitting the window.
- Use a portable fan or adjust your ceiling fan speed to help cool your body.
- Keep your lights off when you can.
- If you believe that it is hotter than 77 degrees F in your area and you are uncomfortable, please submit a work request to have equipment inspected.