Custodial Services Team Achievements
Lane's Custodial Services team has implemented the following safety initiatives and are committed to working safely.
- "SafeColleges" online training plan through August, 2014.
- Purchased work pants with gel pack knee pads for all employees. Custodial Services staff have had several knee re constructive surgeries in the past two years.
- 235 days now without a lost time work related injury.
- Purchased stepping stools for all custodial closets, allowing employees to reach chemicals on shelving.
- Purchased more comfortable knee pads for all custodial closets.
- Posted MSDS binders in all custodial closets.
- Provided extensive training for all floor resurfacing work, equipment operator training, and proper use of tools to do the job without undo stress and fatigue.
- Monthly mandatory safety training provided by the Director of FMP.
- Extensive new employee safety training.
- Safety idea competition with a $25 gift certificate offered every 6 months to winning idea that can be implemented and which meet determined criteria. A safety idea box is mounted to the wall in FMP.
- Routing monthly electronically a scanned copy of the "Facilities Manager Alert" publication with safety lessons learned, tips, and OSHA fine incidents.
- Facilities Manager's Alert Publication, June 2013
- Manager's Alert Pulication, article submission letter.