How to Register in myLane
Caution! Before registering for any classes, be sure that you are either still within the "refund period" or have been given permission by the instructor to add the class. If you add any class after the refund period, you are responsible for the tuition and fees, unless there is a reason beyond your control that you are unable to attend.
Please remember to drop any classes you do not wish to attend by the end of the first week of the term, Sunday, at 11:59 pm. except during Summer term. Check the refund/drop schedule for current information. Instructors are not responsible for dropping you if you do not attend.
How to Register for your Classes:
- Log into myLane.
- Click on the "myEnrollment" tab.
Checking to see if you are Cleared:
- In the "Student Status" section in the middle of the page, click "When Can I Register?" and choose the correct term.
- If you are cleared, click the "Back to myEnrollment tab" link at the upper left of the screen.
Searching for and Adding Classes:
- In the "Registration Tools" section on the upper left of the page, you can "Look Up Classes" if you do not know the Course Registration Number (CRN) for the section, day, and time of the course you want to add.
- Once you know the CRN's for the courses you want, click on "Add or Drop Classes" and choose the term (You will only be given a choice of terms with active registration going on at that time).
- On the "Add Classes Worksheet", click on a box and type in the CRN for the course you want to add. Do this for any courses you wish to add. Click "Submit Changes".
- You will then see a screen that tells you if you are "Web Registered", or if there was a Registration Add Error. If there was an error, there will be a short message telling you what prevented you from adding the class.
- If you wish to change from a letter grade to pass/no pass or audit, or if you wish to change the number of credits in a variable credit course, in the "myEnrollment" screen, click "Change Class Options" to do this.
Waitlisting for Full Classes:
If you try to add a class that is full and has a Waitlist, you will receive one of the following "Registration Error" messages:
Section Full - (0) Students Waitlisted - Waitlist seats available – Means there is a waitlist for this class, there aren't any other students on the waitlist and you can add yourself to the waitlist.
Section Full - (1) Students Waitlisted - Waitlist seats available – Means there is a waitlist for this class, there is 1 other student on the waitlist and you can add yourself to the waitlist.
Section Full – Wait List Full – Means that the class is full and the waitlist is full.
How to know if you have been offered a space:
IMPORTANT! You will NOT be automatically registered if there is a space! You will have to add the class yourself in myLane.
You will receive an email notification from Lane when a space becomes available. You will have 24 hours from when the email is sent to add yourself to the class. If you do not add the class within the 24 hours, you will automatically be dropped from the waitlist.
Students on the wait list will not be assessed tuition and fees until they officially register for the class.
The notification will be sent to the email address we have listed in myLane for you. Please make sure we have your current email in myLane. To update your email, log into myLane and under "Personal Information"; select "Update E-mail Addresses.