Diversity Scholarship Information
The Lane Foundation offers a number of diversity scholarships for current and incoming Lane students. A small list of other relevant scholarships are listed here. Also check the Virtual Library, Student Information link for other relevant info.
Lane Foundation Scholarships
Diversity Scholarships and Funding Sources
An eclectic mix of scholarship offerings.
- CollegeNet's Scholarship Database - The Mach25 database contains over 600,000 awards totaling over $1.6 billion. Keyword Search gives you a quick way to narrow down to a particular scholarship or group of scholarships.
- Minorities - College Scholarships, Graduate Fellowships, Research Internships - College scholarships, graduate fellowships and grants for Hispanics, Latinos, Mexican Americans, Chicanos, Puerto Ricans, Cubans, Dominicans, South and Central Americans, African Americans, Native Alaskans, Aleuts, Inuit, Eskimos, Native Americans, Native Pacific Islanders, Hawaiians, Polynesians or Micronesians
- Multicultural Student Scholarships – PDF file of general and specific "minority" scholarship in a wide variety of areas, with descriptions.
- College Scholarships for Minorities – In essay form with links, scholarships under the categories of Asian, Black, Hispanic, Interracial, LGBT, American, Women
- 200 Free Scholarships for Minorities (by Black Excel) - list of scholarships with links
- Aid &Resources For Re-Entry Students
- Gates Millennium Scholarships - promotes academic excellence and to provide an opportunity for outstanding minority students with significant financial need to reach their highest potential
- The Hispanic College Fund - awarded millions of dollars, impacting thousands of students through high school to college to career... recognized by USA Today as one of the nation's top 25 charities and twice received Charity Navigator's top four-star rating for fiscal responsibility. In 2010, the College Board recognized HCF for program innovation.
- Blacks at Microsoft Scholarships - Award two $5,000 scholarships to outstanding high-school seniors who are interested in pursuing careers in technology. The scholarships are renewable, so winners who continue to meet the criteria can receive an annual $5,000 award for up to four years.
- American Indian College Fund - Native students with scholarships and providing financial support for the nation's 33 accredited tribal colleges and universities, which incorporate American Indian culture and language into their curriculum to honor our students' heritage and Native identity.
- Pride Foundation Scholarship Fund - Over 50 different types of scholarships, but students only need to fill out one application... encourages students of different backgrounds and educational interests to apply. Most are available for straight ally or questioning students as well as student of LGBTQ parents. All promote leadership and diversity in the LGBT community.
- Holocaust Remembrance Scholarships - Essay contest.
- William Randolph Hearst Endowed Scholarship for Minorities - Based on academic excellence and need. The Hearst Scholar serves as a summer intern with the Fund... seeks to introduce a diverse group of students to issues relating to philanthropy, voluntarism, and nonprofit organizations. Recipients may arrange with their colleges or universities to receive academic credit for this experience.
- Federal Scholarships & Aid Gateways 25 Scholarship Gateways from Black Excel
- National Peace Essay Scholarship
- American Association of University Women – Local and national scholarships and awards.