Welcome to the Oregon Diversity Institute
The Oregon Diversity Institute (ODI) addresses historic and contemporary issues of access, social justice, human rights, and equity. We promote respectful, open and honest interactions among people and communities of diverse abilities and backgrounds.
ODI Goals and Objectives
- Honor, value and celebrate the potential of individuals from diverse communities including, but not limited to, age, class, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, race, and religion.
- Provide opportunities for learning, dialogue, understanding, and empowerment in preparation for an increasingly diverse future.
- Create a network among education institutions and lifelong learners.
- Foster partnerships with private and public agencies.
- Promote systemic planning and institutional transformation in order to address historic and present inequities.
- Examine hegemonic power relationships that create inequity and discrimination.